My client, a Facilities Management company is actively looking for a Project Manager in Manchester on an initial contract basis with view to going permanent after 6 months. The Manager will be responsible for the effective and efficient management, planning, works control, performance measurement and management and administering of the all works which fall into the Projects environment.
This will be a dynamic role withing the Facilities Team with the focus on managing the process of rechargeable value works, building a work stream to achieve maximum potential revenues and taking the lead role.
The job holder is expected to meet the companys statutory and contractual obligations for all Projects tasks related to the specified framework and timelines associated within the Projects environment.
The job holder must ensure the provisions of Legal & Statutory Compliance (CDM, HTM's and HBN's, Care Quality Commission, British Standards and other associated standards & codes), Health & Safety requirements in a cost effective, timely, & quality driven service method to our client is always provided.
Key performance indicators for the Project Manager within the Projects environment must be closely monitored and reported to the Head of FM on a minimum weekly basis or as requested. There shall be an inherent need to work with and in conjunction with the Commercial, Finance & Human Resource departments to ensure an efficient, skilled, quality and professional Projects work streams execution
The job holder will monitor thge companies objectives by supporting and delivering against policies and compliance with legislative and departmental requirements. This will include playing a key role in identifying opportunities for innovation and modernisation, to meet operational performance targets and objectives.
Provide detailed professional, engineering & technical guidance to staff and contractors on issues that are complex and non-routine.
Key to the role is the application of HR policies and procedures and the management of the workforce under remit.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- ∙ Ensuring a safe working environment and safe systems of work are followed by all members of the Projects team including specialist subcontractors.
- ∙ Assisting the Senior Management team with the preparation and delivery of the annual and 5 year Projects plan.
- ∙ Safe and compliant management of the Projects infrastructure at all times.
- ∙ Safe management of all specialist subcontractors.
- ∙ Undertake or attend at least one toolbox talk, safety walk and subcontractor safety check per week ∙ Provide a joined-up approach to all Maintenance and Lifecycle activities which involve/ affect other teams within the company.
- ∙ Ensure compliance with the project agreement, existing and new statutory regulations and HTMs at all times.
- ∙ Maintain good working relationships with peers, client and customers both clinical and non-clinical.
- ∙ Undertake Authorised Person / Competent Person responsibilities in relation to specified systems ensuring site wide cover is available at all times.
- ∙ Responsible for the training and authorizing of Competent Persons in a timely manner ensuring there is site wide cover at all times.
- ∙ Contributing to the commercial management of the operational element of the contract, including management of the Performance Monitoring systems and to ensure Contract and Commercial Compliance. Monitoring contractual response and rectification times to ensure compliance and avoidance of service failure and penalties.
- ∙ The cost-effective delivery of a Projects Management Service in line with the project agreement and schedules.
- ∙ Ensure adequate cover is in place to support the efficient operations of the Projects team in a profitable manner.
- ∙ Day to day commercial management in line with contractual requirements and company operating procedures. Working with Senior Management agreeing, monitoring and reporting against budgets.
- ∙ Active member of the Senior Management team. Representing the FM Department. commercially and technically at meetings and when required by the Senior Management team.
- ∙ Commercial and Quality management of the operational element of the contract, including management of the Performance Monitoring systems and to ensure Contract and Commercial Compliance
- ∙ Maintain formal and informal communication with managers related to services activities/ working
- ∙ Use of IT systems to include the CAFM and BMS systems to provide, monitor and report data within the Quality Assurance and other management reporting systems on a monthly basis.
- ∙ The potential management of a team who will ensure the safe operation of all plant and equipment on the hospital site in line with the Project Agreement.
- ∙ The day to day management of maintenance craft and technical staff within the team ∙ Undertake employee appraisals / performance reviews including the identification of training and development needs within specified company timeframes
- ∙ Delivery of service specific on the job training for employees within a working group.
- ∙ Provide technical engineering advice and support for the maintenance of equipment, fabric and utility services
- ∙ Ability to effect fault diagnosis on plant and equipment of a more complex nature.
- ∙ Planning and distribution of the workload for the respective craftsmen and technicians, ensuring that work is completed to schedule and the system updated accordingly.
- ∙ Supervision of contractors engaged on repair/maintenance works on a routine day to day nature
- ∙ Management and operation of the Permit to Work system and Safe Systems at work.
- ▪ Completion of C+G/B-tec or equivalent in Engineering trades and recognized certified apprenticeship.
▪ Appointed Persons certification within the HTM environment.
- ▪ Proven substantial experience and proven track record within a Projects Management environment. ▪ Currently employed in supervisory or management position, with references available. ▪ Excellent people management skills.
- ▪ Prepared to work a standby rota.
- ▪ Attend external and internal courses as required.
- ▪ Good understanding of Health and Safety at Work regulations.
- ▪ Good overall understanding of Engineering systems and operational profiles. ▪
Excellent reporting writing skills.
- ▪ Must be computer literate preferably with knowledge of building management systems and automated digital systems.
- ▪ Must be able to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills with good level of mathematical skills.
- ▪ Confident capable Multi Skilled Engineer and able to assess situations.
- ▪ Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- ▪ Able to demonstrate an aptitude for problem solving using a logical approach.
- ▪ Confident and logical under pressure but must understand urgency and respond accordingly. ▪
- Capable of managing difficulty customer and stakeholder conversations in a complex environment.
If the above sounds like a role for you, please send your CV or call Tom on 07776 681695 for further details.
Rate of pay will be £25.00 - £33.00 dependant on pay method with the salary around 55k once permanent.
If interested, please send your CV or call Tom on 07776 681695
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.