Randstad are recruiting for a Project Planner for a client based in Eastbourne. They are a global company who, at this site, specialise in Electronics Manufacturing.
As a Project Planner, you will report into the Engineering Manager, with accountability to specific NPI and Project Managers.
The successful applicant will be an expert user of Microsoft Project, with experience in an Electronics environment desirable, but not essential and, in addition, will have previous experience of working on various forms of Engineering projects, time risk management, baseline management, cost/resource loading and change control.
- Responsible for ensuring that internal planning processes and work instructions are followed on all assigned projects to allow for consistency and reporting
- Responsible for the schedule to ensure the project manager can complete projects to time and cost
- Ensure the engineering manager is provided with monthly reporting including forecast data
- Familiar with commercial and financial aspects of project management
- Collaborative and timely client contact as required
- Provision of project performance data, project schedules in a concise and timely manner as required by the Project Manager
- Successful in identifying any project deviations, slippage reports, opportunities, mitigations and communication of same to the Project Manager or Engineering Manager
- Ensuring that all issues within the programme are highlighted and understood by the Project Manager and giving appropriate planning advice
- Delivering the periodic project updates and information regarding changes and delays that have impacted the project as required
- Ensuring that the planning data that inputs into the required reports to allow Senior Managers to direct the project appropriately, is accurate, validated by the Project Manager and up to date as required
Key Skills/Academic Qualifications/Experience
- Expert user of Microsoft Project (MSP) software in regard to the project level and roll up into resource planning for the Engineering teams
- A detailed understanding of engineering development projects how they developed right through to delivery and support
- Able to accurately define project programmes and schedules with clarity
- Work closely with the engineering manager to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Experience of design principles from concept to detailed
- Must be able to work under own initiative and as part of a team in the production of Project Programmes
- Able to communicate with impact and experience of managing and influencing interfaces with engineering disciplines with minimal supervision
- Experience in preparing project resource histograms, and performance analysis data, and Earned Value Analysis
- Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of Project Controls Techniques including, budget and spend management, change control, data analysis, trend analysis
- Pension with an employer contribution up to 8%
- Annual bonus starting at 7.5%
- Relocation package if applicable
- Health Cash plan, worth up to £860 per year
- Subsidised canteen
- Cycle to work scheme
- Valued recognition programme, earning gifts, vouchers, and long service awards
- 33 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Wellbeing programme supporting, physical health, mental wellbeing, social connectedness, and sense of purpose
This is a permanent position with a salary of £35,000-£45,000.
If you are interested, please make an application at your earliest convenience.
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.