Are you a Qualified Social Worker with experience working with Children? Yes? Do you have experience working with Children? Yes? Do you love making a difference to a child's life? Yes? Randstad are recruiting for a Senior Practitioner to join Trafford Council's First Response team.
This a full time role, offering a fantastic rate of up to £32 per hour, DOE
- Dedicated consultant - one point of contact
- Keep your CPD/training up to date by accessing our e-learning online portal
- Weekly payroll
- Competitive pay rates
- Working with a top local authority
- Weekly mailers keeping you up to date with locum posts within your locality
- Receive up to £300 for referring a friend or colleague (T&Cs apply)
- Commissioning, co-ordinating and delivering effective plans for children.
- Ensuring strength-based service delivery is in line with national performance frameworks.
- Carrying a caseload of complex cases.
- Ensuring that effective permanence planning takes place for children and young people in care.
- Ensuring that practice works towards achieving overall service objectives and performance indicators.
- Maintain and enhance good quality social work practice which delivers the maximum impact to improve outcomes for children and young people.
- Assisting in the allocation of work within the Service, in particular to social work staff, including caseload management, based on need and service priorities.
- Implementing a robust system of monitoring to ensure that record keeping and report writing is of a high quality and is in accordance with the case recording policy and timescales.
- Attending and/or chairing Strategy, Family Support meetings, Case Conferences etc. as required.
- Ensure that the Team's business operations are effective and efficient.
- Assisting the Team Leader and/or Service Manager in developing effective ways to involve children, young people and families in service planning, re-design, delivery and evaluation.
- Promoting and facilitating multi-agency working by fostering a climate of team work, co-operation, achievement, a common purpose and a shared value base
- Assisting the Team Leader and/or Service Manager in the safe recruitment of staff in line with the respective HR policies and procedures of the employing bodies.
- Ensuring that staff you supervise receive an induction into the service within the required timescale.
- Ensuring that the staff that you supervise have a current Personal Development Plan and that this is linked to operational and strategic objectives of the Service and that learning and development plans are linked to competencies.
- Implementing a robust system which ensures that the staff you are responsible for receive regular reflective supervision.
- Social Work England registered
- Social Work Qualification
- Enhanced DBS
- Car driver
If you have any further questions, or wish to apply for this role then please contact Hannah on 0330 024 8775 otherwise Apply Below and I will be in touch soon.
Are you thinking about a change in your career but not sure about this role? Whether you are an existing candidate, new to the locum market and are exploring some options or looking for a new permanent role, we have several exciting opportunities with competitive pay & flexibility. If you wish to discuss this further please call 0330 024 8775 and we would be happy to have a confidential discussion.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.