Randstad are recruiting for a Quality Manager to join a client based in Eastbourne who, at this site, specialise in electronics manufacturing.
The succesful candidate will report directly to the General Manager and will become a member of the Eastbourne Product Company senior leadership team. One of the key aspects of the role will be to identify and propose improvements to the key processes on site that will enable the Eastbourne PC to achieve its business objectives as outlined in the site OGSM.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- The ability to drive action on multiple complex activities where active prioritisation is a continual requirement in line with the delivery wider business needs
- Strategic development of local business processes to continually improve the effectiveness of local and global business management processes
- Accountability for managing site audits, corrective actions support and follow up
- Facilitation of the process to identify and control new and existing risks and opportunities
- Leading the development of a positive culture within the business that is conducive to all teams and individuals
- Ensure that the QMSystem conforms to customer, internal, ISO 9001, and regulatory/legal requirements
- Ensure evaluation of, and reporting on, vendor quality systems
- Oversee inspection of incoming materials, ensuring that they meet requirements by implementing the PPAP process
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, review and auditing of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the Eastbourne PC's products
- Identify opportunities for the continual improvement of the key processes on site and make improvements as appropriate
- Coordinate the investigation and resolution of customer complaints and NCR's raised in the FRACAS system ensuring that the 8D process is consistently followed
- Lead the team of quality engineers and calibration operatives
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection/calibration of monitoring and measuring devices
- Report to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions), including the need for improvement
- Conduct periodic management review meetings
- Oversee product recalls
- Keep up to date on all applicable standards, regulations/laws, issues, and news with respect to product (service) quality
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years' experience of operating in a senior management team role in a quality discipline
- Must be a good communicator and have excellent fluency in spoken and written English
- Membership of the professional body Chartered Quality Institute is preferred
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication skills, organisational awareness and impact and influencing skills area prerequisite
- Self-starter, effective time manager and effective line manager
- Assertive, diplomatic with a good appreciation of business and commercial issues
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £45,000-£54,000 + a 7.5% annual bonus, 33 days holiday (25 days plus 8 bank holidays), pension, health cash plan and early Friday finish.
If you are interested, please make an application at your earliest convenience.
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.