Location: Chatham, Kent
Providing construction services to private and public sector customers across commercial, health, education and residential sectors.
Career growth and enhancement for a pro-active and professional Quantity Surveyor.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated construction professionals.
You will manage your own tasks within the context of a project or company objective. Whilst you take day to day decisions, you will refer significant decisions. Primarily working on JCT, D&B Foc.
- Contribute to achieving the appropriate commercial result through the provision of accurate financial reporting
- Manage subcontractor supplier accounts, financially and contractually, in order to secure full entitlements under the contract
- Understand fully the customer's needs and ensure effective relationships are built and maintained by consistently high customer service and on site delivery
- Provide support to the site team on contract requirements
- Identify, secure and deliver the business forecast in both turnover and margin Place subcontract orders in accordance with the main contract and manage subcontractor accounts ensuring payments are timely and correct and any other commercial issues are resolved
- Monitor subcontractor against programme
- Obtain the most competitive quotes by understanding current market trends Assist in the production of cost value reconciliation reports and forecast cash recovery and ensure that both are kept In line with target
- Ensure applications for payment and invoices are completed and submitted to ensure payment is made to terms and within work in progress (WIP) and cash targets
- Ensure compliance with all contractual requirements Monitor internal expenditure against budget Maximise efficiency of reporting techniques/systems
- Seek opportunities to maximise value and minimise costs in line with Morgan Sindall Values
- Operate the systems that are in place to provide the information necessary to manage the contract
- Implement and monitor all systems and procedures and ensure effective operation
- Ensure all customers and stakeholders have an exceptional customer service and work to achieving Perfect Delivery on all projects
- Promote, encourage and manage effective teamwork
- Support and coach other team members' commercial and contractual awareness
- Liaise with the customer, customer representatives and other third parties on commercial issues, including agreement of variations, claims and additional payments
- Financial closure of projects ensuring all costs and value are allocated in correct systems in accordance with financial timetable.
- HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline).
- Appropriate CSCS card
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting Practical knowledge of forms of contract
- Understanding of period cost reporting and comparison with budget/forecast.
- Experience in commercial management of sub-contractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates, accrual calculations and value allocation
- Knowledge of the procurement of sub-contractors
- Able to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors with little supervision Knowledge of effective cost allocation management.
Randstad Construction Property Engineering is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy....