Quantity Surveyor needed! Randstad are looking for a quantity surveyor that has experience in managing the cost and contract management aspects of design work packages within a project from initiation to close-out.
The candidate will be working under a major tier 1 contractor on JV working on one of the biggest railway projects in the UK. The project is a multi million pound project with a 10 year life expectancy and the role is a permanent contract with a very competitive salary.
Company: JV between two tier 1 main contractors
Role: Quantity Surveyor
Rate: £55,000 - £70,000 p/d depending on experience
- Competitive pay
- Great location
- Opportunity for growth and progression
Duties may include:
Administer contractual terms and conditions for consultants, suppliers and sub- contractors
- Administer incentivisation arrangements as appropriate
- Support the assessment of EWN's and compensation events
- Provide regular cash flow forecast of expenditure for package
- Report expenditure against the package budget on a monthly basis
- Support the change management process in conjunction with other functions
- Input to the monthly consolidated project-wide cost / expenditure report
- Assess potential contractor and supplier claims and make recommendations for settlement.
- Finalise contractor's accounts and close out contracts for the project.
- Raising consultant, supplier or contractor instructions as necessary for signature by approved parties.
- Report on the expenditure of financial contingency built into the relevant packages.
- Provide schedules of rates and commercial input to tender documentation
- Undertake cost analysis of bid returns
- Assist the package project manager in resolving all financial commercial issues arising in the tender return
- Support the negotiation of two stage fixed price for relevant tenders
- Receive and review monthly valuations from contractors and prepare recommendation for signature by the project manager and designer
- Review all instructions issued by the project manager for cost implications
- Support the change control process and assist in identifying the cost implications of any proposed changes
- Support the contractor in the resolution of any claims and disputes as may arise with the contractor
- Minimum 5 years experience of commercial management
- Past experience of construction projects
- A good degree in Quantity Surveying or similar
If you are interested in this role, or are a Quantity Surveyor looking at your career options, then please contact Myles Faribido at Randstad CPE.
Lane line: 02036800650
Note: All applications are kept confidential and contact will be established with you before submission of your CV to any client. Due to the number of applications received only successful candidates will be contacted.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.