We have an exciting opportunity to join a global leader within the hospitality sector, who has received multiple awards for being a great place to work. You will be based in the Canary Wharf Office and will be working in a team of 8.
The role will be responsible for managing the RTR Tower within the Accounting & Control team. The scope of the role is all of the Managed & Leased Hotels in the UK & Ireland.
The role will also be responsible for identifying & implementing process improvements for the RTR tower and this will be achieved by partnering with the CoE, SSC and Hotel Operations teams to deliver a continuous improvement agenda that is targeted with driving improvements in KPI performance and reducing exception-handling for the Hotel teams involved in the Tower processes.
The role will also be responsible for ensuring that Operations Finance controls are met. The role acts as a deputy for the Director of Accounting & Control who is accountable for the accuracy and completeness of the financial statements for all of the in-scope Hotels. The Accounting & Control Manager will be expected to work under their own initiative as their direct manager will be frequently based at other sites.
Key stakeholders will include UK&I Hotel Leadership; FP&A team, Hotel General Managers, Corporate Functional Leads, Compliance Team, HAFS team.
The role will also be responsible for driving a high performing team culture.
* Work with the team to ensure that analytical reviews are performed on all in-scope Hotel P&Ls and Balance Sheets to ensure that they are materially accurate. This is to be done within the deadlines of the RTR accounting cycle.
* Review Balance Sheets and ensure open/aged balance sheet items are resolved.
* Review Management Fees and Rent agreements.
* Assist with the liaison on behalf of Hotels for Financial external and internal audits & ensure that Operations Finance aspects of audits are complied with.
* Support partnering with the Compliance team to optimise and evolve the Controls framework to ensure that controls are relevant to business risks & take the centralised model into account. Ensure that Operations Finance controls are met at all times.
* Embed Process Improvement into the daily routine of the team.
* Work with CoE team to build KPI dashboard that builds on current KPI reports to show measures that will identify issues and allow progress to be monitored. Also build in regular stakeholder feedback to measure the effectiveness of the service.
* Ensure that team are always focused on strategic fixes to issues.
* Work closely with your fellow Accounting & Control Managers to drive consistency and improvements across all the functional Towers.