Are you looking for a new role as a Research Associate? Do you want to work for a business that is growing at a rapid pace with lots of opportunity for the future? If so, this could be the role for you!
This role is a Research Associate within the culture media team. You will conduct scientific research to support the rational design and optimisation of culture media formulations. Specifically, media for the proliferation and maturation of various cell types in bioreactor systems. The objective being to produce chemically defined culture media, which are animal component free and cost effective.
This role is offered on a full time permanent basis, with a business that also offers lots of other benefits that will make you feel truly at home whilst at work.
- Maintenance of mammalian cell cultures (e.g. cell revival, culture and banking) both manually and automated
- Preparation of reagents for cell culture and characterisation processes
- Characterise cellular samples for cell vitality (e.g. cell numbers, cell viability and cell sizing) and differentiation (e.g. select markers)
- Characterise spent media for secreted metabolites and nutrient consumption
- Produce culture media stocks for screening
- Perform quality tests on cells, reagents and media (e.g. contamination testing)
- Maintain an accurate record of experiments using an ELN
- Accurately report results (including contaminations and incidents)
- Create SOP and risk assessment documentation
- Participate in group and project meetings and discussions
- Maintain and organise laboratory consumable/reagent inventories (including purchasing)
- Perform routine laboratory maintenance
- Maintain the confidentiality of the project and protocols
- General ad-hoc duties as required to support the departmental and organisation requirements
- Degree in either Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related field
- Good understanding of cell biology and biochemistry
- Experience of experimental design, execution, and data analysis
- Experience in aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture, preferably in the handling of stem or primary cell types
- Experience of experimental record-keeping
- Experience of trouble shooting in an experimental capacity
- Good numeracy and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experienced with writing standard protocols, basic reports, and risk assessments
- Knowledge of and skills to use analysis instruments (e.g. cell counters, UV-vis plate readers & microscopes / imagers)
- Molecular biology skills e.g. enzyme-based metabolism assays, protein quantification & PCR
- Nutrient analysis and osmolarity characterisation experience
- Knowledge of culture media fundamentals
- Statistical analysis of data
- Experience with automated lab instrumentation
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.