Are you looking for a new role as a Research Technician? Do you want to work for a business that is growing at a rapid pace with lots of opportunity for the future? If so, this could be the role for you!
As a Technician in the Cell biology Team you will be tasked with supporting the cell culture activities for our client.
This role is offered on a full time permanent basis, with a business that also offers lots of other benefits that will make you feel truly at home whilst at work.
- Maintenance of different mammalian cells lines including stem cells (MSCs, ESCs, iPSCs, satellite cells and adipocytes)
- Expansion, culturing and banking of cells
- Provision of cell culture requirements to support multiple projects across the Research and Development team
- Shared responsibility for out-of-hours cell culture maintenance
- Preparation of cell culture reagents and media
- Tracking of consumable stock levels and reagents
- Adherence of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Recording all data produced in an electronic laboratory notebook system
- Day-to-day housekeeping of dedicated laboratories
- General ad-hoc duties as required to support the departmental and organisation requirements
- Degree in Life Sciences, Biotechnology or equivalent qualification in related field
- Experienced in culturing mammalian cells and working under aseptic conditions
- Ability to prepare reagents and media for laboratory processes
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Good numeracy and communication skills
- Computer literate and ability to familiarise with different IT systems
- Experienced in maintenance and differentiation of mammalian stem cells including ESC and iPSCs
- Experience with cell isolation protocols from biological samples
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.