Are you an experienced and qualified childrens residential support worker who is seeking a new and exciting challenge? We have a number of Residential and Senior Residential Support Worker roles that we are recruiting for. You would be working for a therapeutic specialist care provider who offers residential care and education services for children and young people who have experienced significant trauma, attachment difficulties and abuse or neglect.
The homes are located in the NG32 area of Lincolnshire. All of the homes are in rural locations and are beautifully presented, they are registered to care for up to 4 young people. A salary of up to £23,000 plus benefits is being offered depending on experience. Comprehensive training and development is offered to individuals who want to develop their career further.
The organisation's ethos is to build safe, trusting and compassionate relationships between staff and young people. Structure and predictability are essential to ensure that young people share positive experiences. Your own input and feedback are valuable to the organisation as they are open to learn and continually improve the service provided and ensure that the staff team gain job satisfaction.
- Providing excellent care and support to children and young people, ensuring that safe working practices are adhered to at all times
- Taking part in social and educational activities ensuring that at all times you are acting as a positive role model
- Promoting and encouraging a healthy lifestyle.
- Providing consistent and fair boundaries, adhering to plans regarding consequences and ensuring that effective routines are followed
- Follow risk assessments at all times to ensure that young people are kept safe
- Attending and contributing in young persons meetings and reviews, working closely with other outside professionals and family members
- Undertaking administration tasks such as daily log's, updating care plans, petty cash and health and safety duties
- Hold an NVQ3 in Children and young people or the equivalent qualification
- Have experience and a good understanding of supporting children and young people in a residential setting.
- Work well under pressure, able to to prioritise and meet deadlines, have a methodical approach
- Have the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and young people
- Be honest , trustworthy , reliable and wants to make a difference to a young persons life
- Able to work a shift pattern of 2 days on 4 days off or 1 day on 2 days off , depending on the needs of the home. Working hours will be 8am till 23.00 including sleep in which would equate to 10 per month
- Full UK Driving licence is essential
If you feel you are the ideal person for this role and are committed to making a difference to the lives of children and young people, please forward your CV to myself.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.