Do you have experience of supporting children and young people in a residential setting? Are you looking for a new permanent role as a Residential Support Worker in the Staffordshire area?
Randstad Care is proud to be supporting a leading provider of residential care for children and young people. The organisation has a number of high quality and spacious residential homes in Stoke on Trent, Cheshire , Staffordshire and Telford.
The company's ethos is to encourage young people in their positive and personal development through a community based approach offering excellent opportunities to enrich young people's lives in the arts, sports and culture.
The homes care and support children and young people who present emotional and behavioural difficulties and complex needs between they ages of 8 - 16 years. A salary of £22,000 to £23,700 plus a sleep in allowance is being offered
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Participating in the day to day operation of the residential home in accordance with the care plans and behavioural management plans.
- Promoting a safe environment and safe working practices.
- Supporting the children and young people on social and educational activities that help them in developing their learning and educational aspirations
- Preparing meals encouraging and promoting healthy nutritional diets and a healthy lifestyle
- Ensuring that all basic primary care needs are met and that you act as a role model at all times
- Completing and reading reports, contributing towards care plans, assessments and other documentation concerning the young people in their care. Regularly participating in staff meetings and young people's meetings.
- General housekeeping duties, transporting children and young people to family contact, appointments , education and leisure activities
For this exciting but challenging role the ideal candidate must
- Hold an NVQ3 in Children and young people or the equivalent qualification
- Have experience and a good understanding of supporting children and young people in a residential setting.
- Work well under pressure, able to to prioritise and meet deadlines, have a methodical approach
- Have the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and young people
- Be honest , trustworthy , reliable and has wants ro make a difference for a young persons life
- Able to work a shift pattern of 2 days on 4 days off or 1 day on 2 days off , depending on the needs of the home. Working hours will be 8am till 23.00 including sleep in's - 169hrs per month plus sleep in.
- Full UK Driving licence
If you feel you are the ideal person for this role and are committed to making a difference to the lives of children and young people, please forward your CV to myself.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing....