If you are an experienced CAMHS nurse with a passion for caring for children and young people and are looking for a new opportunity to develop your career this could be a fantastic role for you.
We require a CAMHS nurse to begin work as soon as possible joining a team based in Sunderland. The team are dedicated in helping children and young people manage the mental health, behavioural and neurological challenges.
Day to day tasks in this role will include carrying out mental health assessments and neurological assessments to diagnose children with ADHD and ASD. ADOS training is essential for this role, however this is able to be funded if the suitable candidate fits the other criteria.
This role is to cover a vacancy within the team and is expected to run for at least 6 months, with possibility of extension. The ideal candidate will be a band 6 nurse. The successful candidate will start work as soon as possible in Sunderland. The working hours for this role are as follows: Between 30-37.5hrs per week over 4-5 days (Monday to Friday) there is the option to work shifts on a more flexible basis.
Working for Randstad has many fantastic benefits, including:
- Competitive pay rates of up to £29 per hour
- Unique access a variety of Randstad's fantastic employee benefits! These include, an app offering you exclusive discounts on restaurants, shops, holidays and more!
- In house training that counts towards NMC revalidation
- A well established and unique work app that allows you to manage your shifts, accepting and rejecting shifts at the click of a button
- Weekly payroll and a slick online timesheet portal
As a CAMHS nurse caring for young people your duties would include:
- Carrying out mental health assessments on children and young people new to the service,
- Creating and implementing care plans for those that have met the criteria to receive treatment from the service, usually talking therapies
- Working closely with parents, guardians, schools and colleges to carry out health education and ensure all aspects of the child or young persons care are adequate
- Liaising with local authority teams including looked-after children teams (LAC), adoption and fostering teams
- Managing a caseload of young people aged 18 and under who may present with ASD or ADHD
- Discharging service users from a caseload when appropropriate
- Referring clients onto other services if needed, i.e. private and voluntary services, charities, crisis services etc.
Minim requirements for this role are:
- A degree in Mental Health or LD Nursing
- Valid NMC Pin
- Experience working with children and young people
-ADOS training is preferred
As a potential candidate you will be registered with NMC and have a qualification as a Mental Health Nurse. If you meet this criteria then we'd love to hear from you!
Randstad Care is a specialist nursing recruitment agency. Our specialist Nursing consultants work with NHS and private sector teams across England. Whether you are looking for an interim post close to home, or nationally, we are able to assist you with a dedicated point of contact to provide support and guidance.
Do you know a Nurse looking for a new role? If so, We offer a fantastic refer a friend scheme, where you could receive £300 in vouchers for every nurse you refer to us who we place, subject to Ts and Cs.
If you wish to apply for this role or would like to discuss any of the other opportunities we have then please contact Sarah on: 0191 233 1381 or click Apply below.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.