School Business Manager, Preston
Are you looking for a school business manager, school bursar or finance officer role in and around the Lancashire area?
Do you have SIMS and FMS experience, with good financial or accountancy skills?
Are you available on short notice? If yes, then please get in touch today!
We are supporting several schools in the Preston area who are looking for School Business Managers and Finance Officers to support their business support teams. These positions are to start on a temporary basis, but could become permanent for the right candidate.
We can accept both part time and full time applicants as there can be flexibility, however we do require applicants to be in a position to start roles quickly, therefore a DBS already on the update service would be an advantage, although not essential.
- Managing the day-to-day finances involving ledger management, petty cash, banking, bank reconciliations, VAT returns, fixed asset registers, sales invoicing and managing the BACS payments.
- Liaise with suppliers, often seeking best value for the school
- Year end preparations and procedures
- Monthly payroll processes
- Support the SLT with other duties related to health and safety, staff management and HR
- Being able to help other business support colleagues in other areas i.e. attendance, reception, premises matter, general administration
- Proven previous experience of managing or supporting school finances, school administration management and office management.
- Experience of working with SIMS and other school databases such as Oracle, FMS, Tucasi, ParentPay or PS Financials.
- Have a good working knowledge of policies and practices such as GDPR and Safer Recruitment in schools
- Qualifications around finance or business management would be an advantage but are not essential.
Please note: Only candidates with proven school based experience will be considered at this time.
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks.
If you have experience in school finance, or as a school business manager or bursar and you are available for interim appointments then please contact Leanne Kessell TODAY with your CV and to discuss the jobs we are recruiting for now....