School Business or Office Managers, Preston
Are you looking for a school business manager or school bursar role in and around the Preston area?
Are you available on short notice? If yes, then get in touch!
Due an increase in requests to support our primary and secondary schools, we are currently looking for applicants with experience as school bursars, business managers or finance officers.
We can accept both part time and full time applicants as there can be flexibility, however we do require appliants to be in a position to start roles quickly. A DBS already on the update service would be an advantage.
- Managing the day-to-day finances involving ledger management, petty cash, bank reconciliations, sales invoicing and managing the BACS payments.
- Support the SLT with other duties related to premises, health and safety, staff management and HR
- Advising and liaise with the Local Governing Body, Local Authorities and also SLT
- Being a port of call for staff, parents and pupils on the telephone and face to face
- Being able to help other business support colleagues in other areas i.e. attendance, reception, premises matter, general administration
- Supporting school in any procurement requirements
- HR and finance support to the school and its staff
- Proven previous experience of managing or supporting school finances, school administration management and office management.
- Experience of working with SIMS and other school databases such as Oracle, FMS, Tucasi, ParentPay or PS Financials.
- Have a good working knowledge of policies and practices such as GDPR and Safer Recruitment in schools
- Qualifications around finance or business management would be an advantage but are not essential.
Please note: Only candidates with proven school based experience will be considered at this time.
As a LASBM approved partner, we are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Lancashire, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools or locations, which may be a better match.
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks.
If you have experience in school finance, or as a school business manager or bursar and you are available for interim appointments then please contact Leanne Kessell TODAY with your CV and to discuss vacancies that may be of interest....