Have you previously worked in the health care sector and looking for something a little different to fit in with your work/life?
Do you have a "First Aid at Work Qualification"?
Would you consider working within an educational environment?
Do you love working with children?
We are currently looking for a School Medical Officer who can support the school and provide excellent customer care to the students and parents of a Secondary School. This School Medical Officer role is based in the Lewisham area. This is a Full Time Term Time Only Role
The School Medical Officer will:-
- Be responsible for the reporting and continual monitoring of all medical incidents and accidents and ensuring that remedial measures are put into place where necessary.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the defibrillators and the stock of medical supplies and student and spare medication.
- Liaise with the Health & Safety Assistant Head Teacher in respect of Health & Safety matters.
- Assist with care where necessary to support the well being of a child or adult.
- Manage staff and student health care programmes to include vaccinations and health care checks.
- Be responsible for the administration of recording and reporting of medical issues.
- Point of contact for the management of infections and notifiable medical conditions.
- Manage medical information provided by the parents .
- Manage information provided by parents related to allergies, food allergies and medical intolerance for their child.
- Provide medical assistance to staff as required.
- Log all medical emergencies for events.
- Experience in a similar role.
- First Aid at Work Qualification - is essential
- A good working knowledge of the SIMS software and Excel.
- An ability to maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Good understanding of all safeguarding and child protection procedures.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS and vetting checks.
If this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in education, which may be a better match.
Are you interested in moving into a new medical officer role in the Lewisham area? If so then send your CV via apply now