"Aspire, Believe, Achieve"
Are you currently working in a similar line of work and interested in using your transferable skills to support in schools?
Do you have a passion for providing first-class support to Children's Services?
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge for 2024?
Yes? Get in touch now!
We are seeking an excellent Safeguarding Officer, this exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to work on an ongoing temporary basis. The hours will be 8:30 am - 4:30 pm from Monday - Friday.
About the school:
This wonderful Primary School is a vibrant, happy, creative learning community in Redbridge. Their aim is to provide a co-operative learning community where all achievements are celebrated and valued.
They are specialists in Art, Computing, Music and PE offering their children the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the full range of the primary curriculum.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Demonstrable experience of safeguarding work with children and/or adults within a statutory or voluntary organisation
- Experience in providing effective safeguarding advice and guidance in line with safeguarding legislation, taking a person centred approach
- Experience of delivering training, undertaking audits and collating and producing data
- A good working knowledge of MS Office, specifically Teams, Excel and Outlook, plus SIMS
- Proven ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and manage time
- To be the first point of contact for staff and learners with safeguarding concerns
- Maintain accurate, confidential and up-to-date documentation on all cases of safeguarding and child protection and provide reports where required
- Support the care of children and young people where their living arrangements are at risk of breakdown
- Lead and manage a dedicated team of social workers and support staff
- Oversee the delivery of high quality care and support to vulnerable adults
Benefits when working:
- Competitive rates of pay
- One committed and dedicated point of contact
- An unlimited referrals incentive, giving you a £300 voucher for anyone you refer to us (T&Cs apply)
- A full range of free training available
- Onsite car parking and transport links
- A great place to work with encouraging teammates
These are some of the requirements that we need from you :
- Experience of working in the field of safeguarding, with relevant experience and qualifications
- Willingness to participate in further training and development opportunities
- Experience of planning and coordinating meetings in a time-pressured environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including telephone manner, tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Good interpersonal skills and solution focused approach to professional relationships
- Enhanced DBS on the update service or willingness to get one
- 2 recent professional references
- Right to work in the UK (Essential)
- Considerable experience of the schools computerised database, SIMS
- Be child-focused and able to implement relationship-based and systemic-based practices
- Have a good knowledge of the issues and risks faced by children in care and the procedures to manage these
Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and requires all applicants to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
How to Apply:
If you've worked in a school environment before and this sounds like the school for you, please apply now or submit your CV via this site.
I look forward to hearing from you!...