Can you 'draw' your pupils into your lessons? Are you a 'model' teacher? Are you also yearning for a change of scenery? Then please consider an application to Teachanywhere for this position as a Secondary Art Teacher!
Position: Secondary Art Teacher
Location: Zhuhai, China
Experience Required: Minimum 2 years previous teaching
Sponsorship: Single, Married teaching couples, Teachers with Dependants
Contract: 2 years
School Vision / Ethos
This top level international school is part of a family of UK curriculum schools and combines over 400 years of educational excellence with a modern approach and first-rate facilities. The Zhuhai Campus opened in January 2021 and will provide excellent facilities for students. In the first instance the school will cater for early years through to Year 9 and grow with each academic year.
Zhuhai is a small city relative to the big players in China, but it is a diamond in the rough that borders on Macau and is connected by the world's longest bridge to Hong Kong. Today the city is known for golf resorts, theme parks and islands off the Pearl River Delta. The air quality and the seaside location work to make Zhuhai a highly liveable place. This is a great location to enjoy a sub-tropical climate with Macau and Hong Kong on your doorstep.
The remuneration package is very generous and includes the following;
- A competitive salary package
- An annual bonus of 10% of salary, subject to appraisal
- Full health insurance coverage for teachers as well as cover for dependents
- Onsite full-furnished accommodation provided for teachers in their first two years with the option of living offsite in second and subsequent contracts
- Return Airfare and baggage allowances for teacher and dependents
- 100% remission on tuition fees for up to two (2) dependent children attending the School. 50% remission on tuition fees for 3rd dependent child onward
- The cost of all working visas, dependents' resident visas and work permit costs paid for by the school
The academic staff is selected for their genuine interest in their subject and the ability to convey that passion to students and raise expectations for success. Teachers here are committed to their profession and in addition to their subject teaching are all able to offer experiences outside the classroom to ensure that all students are motivated, confident, courteous, aim for the highest standards in all areas and thoroughly enjoy the challenge of learning. As a brand new school opening its doors this year, teachers need to be open-minded, resilient and keen to contribute to the future success of the school.
- have a minimum of 2 years experience post-qualification teaching Art at secondary level, preferably within a UK curriculum school
- possess a good understanding of independent school practice and philosophy
- be a fully qualified and licensed teacher (UK QTS or equivalent)
- be able to provide references for at least the last 2 years of teaching work
- have no criminal history and be able to pass a background check
- be a citizen of the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, the USA or Canada for visa requirements
'Teach the world, live the dream' - Teachanywhere was launched in 2004 to assist teachers of all levels and backgrounds find their ideal role in their dream location. If you wish to apply please get in touch with Catherine Stockford your UK Teachanywhere consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to furnish you with more information on the process of registration and interviewing, and discuss further opportunities to enhance your teaching career overseas. Due to the high volume of applications received only successful candidates will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you!...