Are you experienced in providing support within a secondary education environment? Do you possess a strong ability to independently assist students, tailoring your support to their specific needs? Have you effectively implemented behavioural support strategies in a classroom setting? If you've answered affirmatively to any of these questions, we encourage you to submit your application!
Randstad is currently seeking dedicated and enthusiastic Teaching Assistants for Secondary Education to join our team, providing support to schools in the Wigan area. As a Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in fostering the educational growth and well-being of secondary school students. This is a full-time position scheduled to commence in January 2024, with no specified end date.
- Classroom Support: Collaborate with the lead teacher to supervise the classroom environment, ensuring an optimal learning atmosphere.
- Individualised Assistance: Work closely with students individually or in small groups, offering additional support and clarification on class materials.
- Behavioural Strategies: Implement strategies to manage and address student behaviour, fostering a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Resource Preparation: Assist in preparing teaching materials to enhance the effectiveness of lesson delivery.
- Communication: Maintain effective communication with teachers, parents, and other stakeholders regarding student progress and concerns.
- Supervision: Oversee students during breaks, lunchtimes, and other non-classroom settings to ensure their safety and well-being.
Pay Rate: £80.00 - £100.00
Area of work: Wigan
Start date: As soon as possible
End Date: N/A
Schools will offer roles of varying duration's, both short term and long term, based on your location, qualifications, experience, and preferences.
- Local parking.
- Public Transport nearby.
- Competitive daily pay rate.
- Weekly pay.
- Access to free CPD.
- Support from your dedicated consultant specialising in Secondary Education.
- CV and application support.
- Refer a friend Scheme with a reward of £300 Love2Shop vouchers.
- Experience working with young people.
- Comfort and confidence in managing challenging behaviours.
- Ability to engage with and build rapport with young people.
- Creativity, proactivity, and flexibility in supporting style.
- Experience with Special Educational Needs (SEN) or knowledge of learning difficulties.
- Teaching Assistant qualification.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE.
Randstad Education is an Approved Partner of LASBM, proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Lancashire. If this job or location isn't suitable, we'd still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools that could be a better match. All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility vetting, including a DBS check and providing satisfactory references. A DBS on the update service would be advantageous due to the urgent nature of some of these roles....