Can you work to a set plan and engage students with additional needs so they reach their potential?
Can you establish a safe and stimulating environment for pupils?
Do you encourage your pupils to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and study?
If so, then this role could be for you!
A school in St Helens is looking for enthusiastic SEN teaching assistants to work with children with additional needs to start as soon as possible.
- £65-£75 per day
- A welcoming team that will make you feel supported throughout your role
- A 'Recommend a Friend' bonus up to £300
- A dedicated, professional and friendly consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- Experience in a childcare setting, working preferably with special educational needs children
- Enhanced DBS on the update service or willingness to get one
- Strong work ethic and willingness to help children
- Able to adapt to the different needs of each child
- Flexibly adhere to the needs of the pupils in a professional manner
- Ensuring pupils stay on task
- Maintaining engagement
- Manage disruptive behaviour according to the behaviour policy
- Providing support to special educational needs children on a 1 to 1 basis or in a group setting
- Being patient with lower ability children
- Assisting the teacher in planning engaging lessons for the class
- Good knowledge of school policies
- Liaising with the class teacher and parents to provide the best support
- Following individual behavioural plans and routines
Qualifications are not essential but would be desirable.
If this sounds like something that would interest you please don't hesitate to contact me by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to call 0161 200 1930 for more information.
I look forward to hearing from you!