SEN Teacher | Birmingham Based | £150 - £180 per day | Immediate start
- Are you experienced in working within the Special Educational Needs sector?
- Are you looking for a full time role as a SEN Teacher with excellent training opportunities and the possibility of career progression?
- Are you living in the Birmingham area or happy to commute?
- Are you looking for a rewarding career where no two days are the same?
- £150 - £180 per day depending on experience
If so then the following role of a SEN Teacher could be for you!
At Randstad Education we are working closely with a large special education needs school in the Birmingham area. We are looking for an experienced SEN Teacher, who has the understanding of working with children and young people with special educational needs. Having the experience of strategies in place to help break down barriers towards the students learning to ensure that every student has the best opportunities in terms of their education and learning.
Our client schools thrive on supporting SEN children to reach their full potential. The schools pride themselves in providing a wonderful learning environment for both staff and students. You will be joining a team very dedicated to providing the best opportunities for the pupils. As an SEN Teaching Assistant you will support the children with their learning, life skills and well-being as well as being a role model to the pupils in the classroom.
The ideal candidate will be educated to GCSE C/5 Grade in English and Maths. Hold a bachelors degree and have Qualified Teaching Status (QTS) or Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills Status (QTLS). Someone who is calm, has a level of resilience and can use their own initiative in terms of learning styles and strategies to ensure that the students are able to reach their full potential in both their learning and development.
Prior experience working with students in a special education needs environment is desirable however, previous teaching experience, an individual's motivation, professional skills, experiences and a level of resilience are also important!
Benefits Randstad can offer:
- CV writing
- The option to go from long term to permanent job roles
- The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of young children within the education sector
- ReferAFriend scheme where you could have the chance to earn £300
What are the requirements for an SEN Teacher?
- Have experience of working with SEN children within an educational setting
- Current Enhanced DBS on the update servie or willing to undergo a new application
- Full time availability Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
- Be passionate about working with children that have SEN and be determined to make sure that their learning experience is as comfortable and positive as possible
- GCSE C/ Grade 5 in Maths and English
- Bachelors degree
- QTS status (Desired)
- Experience using learning schemes such as Makaton / PECs / Team Teach / Signalong (Desired)
- Experience/Understanding of EHCP's (Desired)
If you are interested in applying for this role please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 281 4303 any time! Thanks!
If this job role of a SEN Teacher isn't suitable for you but you know someone that would excel then please, don't hesitate to take advantage of our £300 refer-a-friend scheme.