Are you an exceptional qualified teaching assistant who wants to work with children with special needs? Are you driven and passionate about inspiring young pupils? Are you looking for a permanent role? If the answer is yes, then we may have the perfect role for you!
Randstad are working with a specialist school in Bury St Edmunds who need Level 3 Teaching Assistants with experience supporting children with severe, profound and complex learning needs. Some of the students have severe medical needs, so they need Teaching Assistants who are strong and resilient and able to adapt to any given situation.
The school caters for children in early years all the way up to college age so a candidate with a child and adult DBS, would be highly desirable.
Teaching Assistants are required to assist with personal care for the pupils and are supported with this by the permanent onsite team members.
If you are local, or you're willing to travel and looking for a permanent role, then apply today!
- Managing challenging behaviour and supporting the class teacher
- Using imagination and innovation to enhance the learning experience of all pupils
- Working with small groups and 1:1
- Liaising with fellow colleagues to get the most out of your pupils development
- To provide group and/or individual activities, planned by the teacher
- To monitor and evaluate learners learning under the guidance of the teacher
- To assist teachers in the use of relevant management strategies to ensure a purposeful environment for teaching and learning to take place
- A caring and thoughtful personality
- Experience working or volunteering with SEN pupils, in either an education setting or a care role
- Team player mentality
- The ability to build rapport quickly with both staff and the students you will be working with
- Candidates will be qualified to Level 3
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a school with a thriving, challenging and happy environment. Pupils are supported by highly skilled staff to try hard, be inspirational and achieve their personal best in all that they do.
*Successful applications are subject to enhanced DBS and reference checks
For more information please contact Lee Kempton at Randstad Education Cambridge or apply online....