SEN Teaching Assistant - Enfield, North London
£65-85 per day
September 2021 start or sooner!
Are you a teaching assistant that has experience working with children ages 5-12 that have special educational needs? Do you feel confident about working with children with SEN and making their experience more comfortable and enjoyable?
Randstad Education are currently recruiting for an SEN Teaching Assistant in a mainstream primary school in North London. The role is initially short-term however there is the possibility to extend to a long-term basis. Located in Enfield, this friendly two form entry primary school is easily accessible by public transport. The role involves working with primary aged children on a 1:1 basis. The children you will be working with have a range of complex social, behavioural and emotional needs.
SEN roles cover a variety of different elements that involve working closely with class teachers to help children inside and outside of the classroom. You'll need to be able to carefully plan for the children you'll be working with and monitor their progress, liaising with the relevant teachers to ensure the best possible outcome.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Experience working with children aged 5-12.
- SEN experience is preferable but not essential.
- Strong behaviour management skills to keep the child focused and engaged in their learning, using a variety of different tools and methods.
- Eager to face new challenges.
- The ability to support children with a variety of needs across all areas of learning whilst allowing them independence.
- An understanding of safeguarding.
- A current enhanced DBS on the update service.
Benefits of working with Randstad:
- Exclusive roles
- A dedicated consultant focused on finding you the right role
- Free career advice
- DBS and school application support
- Refer a friend scheme
- Support to edit and improve your CV
If you're interested please follow the on screen instructions or send an up to date copy of your CV to Ellie at email@example.com....