SEN Teaching Assistant | Leicester Based | £75-£90 per day | Immediate start
- Are you interested in working within the Special Educational Needs sector?
- Are you looking for a full time role as a SEN Teaching Assistant with excellent training opportunities and the possibility of career progression?
- Are you living in the Leicester area or happy to commute?
- Are you looking for a rewarding career where no two days are the same?
- £75 - £90 per day depending on experience
If so then the following role of a SEN Teaching Assistant could be for you!
At Randstad Education we are working closely with large special education needs school in the Leicester area. We are looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant, with experience working either 1:1 or on a small group basis, to join the team!
Our client schools thrive on supporting SEN children to reach their full potential. The schools pride themselves in providing a wonderful learning environment for both staff and students. You will be joining a team very dedicated to providing the best opportunities for the pupils. As an SEN Teaching Assistant you will support the children with their learning, life skills and well-being as well as being a role model to the pupils in the classroom.
Your duties as a SEN Teaching Assistant will include:
- Supporting the classroom teacher
- Work on a 1:1 or group basis with pupils who have Special Educational Needs
- Report back to parents and Teachers regarding pupils progress
- Break time duties
- Completion of daily records for pupils
- Lesson preparation for the following school day
Benefits Randstad can offer:
- CV writing
- The option to go from long term to permanent job roles
- The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of young children within the education sector
- ReferAFriend scheme where you could have the chance to earn £300
What is required to be a SEN Teaching Assistant?
- Have experience of working with SEN children within an educational setting
- Current Enhanced DBS check on the update service or willing to undergo a new application
- Full time availability Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
- Be passionate about working with children that have SEN and be determined to make sure that their learning experience is as comfortable and positive as possible
- Good Numeracy and Literacy skills
- (Desired) Experience using learning schemes such as Makaton / PECs / Team Teach / Signalong
- (Desired) Experience/Understanding of EHCP's
If you are interested in applying for this role please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 281 4303 any time! Thanks!
If this job role of a SEN Teaching Assistant isn't suitable for you but you know someone that would excel then please, don't hesitate to take advantage of our £300 refer-a-friend scheme.