Special Needs Teaching Assistant - ASD
£70 - £90 per day
Are you looking to make a difference within education and training?
Randstad Education is looking for experienced and aspiring special educational needs (SEN) teaching assistants and learning support assistants to work in schools and colleges around London. We are specifically looking for candidates interested in working with students with autism (ASD/ASC) and profound, multiple learning difficulties (PMLD). We are looking for candidates to join us who would like to work in Lewisham, Southwark and Lambeth.
We are currently recruiting for an SEN primary school in the borough of Lewisham which provides a safe learning environment for pupils living with ASD and PMLD. The school is looking for focused and skilled Special Needs Teaching Assistants to provide a high standard of support for students with special educational needs.
The right candidate must have:
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working with children with SEN, particularly autism (ASD/ASC) and/or profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD)
- Experience in PECS (picture exchange communication system), Makaton (Language communication program) and/or Team Teach
- A can do attitude and a willingness to help in other areas of the classroom
- The ability to use initiative and work well under pressure
- The ability to communicate effectively with the children and other staff members
- The role will involve working with pupils that are living with ASD and/or PMLD
- Assisting students in their learning both on a 1-1 and group basis
- Assessing and accommodating individual learning needs of students
- Reporting on individual pupils progress
- encouraging the social and emotional development of pupils
- Free training from Randstad Education
- Temp to Perm
- Training with the primary school
- Refer a friend scheme £300 T&C apply
- Competitive Pay rates
- Easy transport links
Recommend a friend to Randstad Education, and you could receive a referral bonus of £300 per candidate you refer.
If you would like to work in this or any other SEN school then please email your updated CV to today!