Senior Buyer required on a permanent basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business.
Do you have a background strategically sourcing and procuring components and systems? Have you got experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing environment with skills in cost reduction, risk mitigation and supplier rationalisation? If you are seeking an exciting challenge then this is the role for you!
As a Senior Buyer you will report to the Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for driving forward the introduction of new products as well as current product activities. You will represent the company as the expert in the specific product group with a deep knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the products. You will be strategic in sourcing and negotiating with suppliers and play a key role in cost reduction projects.
Through the supply chain function you will identify and manage its supplier base both from a strategic and operational support perspective to drive best value in terms of cost, quality and service from suppliers throughout the life cycle of each product.
- Manage and ensure effective supplier relationships.
- Continual review of sourcing to ensure cost effect supply to the business.
- Responsible for the management of nominated commodities
- To drive the achievement of Supply Chain Cost, Quality and Service objectives through successful delivery of strategies that result in identification, negotiation and contracting with suppliers that will deliver clear identified benefits to the company.
- Purchasing of Production Material
- To deliver against set targets and objectives, although not restricted to the following, primarily set in the areas of: Material Cost Reduction, Supplier Quality and Delivery performance, Inventory Management, Supplier Rationalisation, Supplier Payment Terms and number of completed Preferred Supplier Agreements (PSA).
- Develop supplier relationships
- Work closely with Group Purchasing Team to ensure effective supply to the business.
- Ensure compliance with internal systems/processes
- Effective Market Price Analysis - via traditional benchmarking techniques (RFQ/QAF)
- Create robust supply agreements.
- Responsible for Xm spend - specific details depending on 'portfolio' (£5m - £25m)
- Undertake other duties and tasks, appropriate to the grade and skills of the post as reasonably directed from the organisation management structure
- Suitable purchasing/buying experience with exposure to manufacturing
- HNC / CIPS
- Relevant and proven experience of purchasing within an engineering/ manufacturing environment.
- Responsibility for appropriate budgets/supplier relationships.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven record of cost reductions
- Understanding of lean manufacturing, JIT and KanBan
- Understand Contractual Law
- Ability to control and improve cost of materials whilst maintaining integrity
- Project Management Skills
- PC Skill - Excel/ Power Point
- Experience of Oracle
- Experience in global sourcing
- BCC/LCC Sourcing with proven results
- Customer Focused
- Developing and maintaining internal and supplier relationships
- A desire to develop and progress is a major requirement within this role.
- Demonstrate integrity and best practises in all aspects of the role.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.