Our client, a global FM contractor, are looking for a Senior Electrical Technician to join the estates team at their static site in Cambridge.
Senior Electrical Technician role
£36,000 - £37,100
24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Monday to Friday.
Working 40 hours per week. Monday to Friday.
The shifts will alternate weekly between 06:00 to 15:00 and 09:00 to 18:00 with a requirement to participate in the on call rota.
- Reporting to the Operations Manager
- To provide the safe operation, planned and reactive maintenance of electrical services plant and equipment
- To carry out the installation of new electrical equipment as required i.e. minor new works, refurbishment and capital works replacement programme
- Investigate, trouble shoot and rectify defects for all electrical systems and associated plant/components or if unable to do so, arrange specialist BYES FM's external staff or Subcontractors
- Experienced in all types of design and installation techniques with the ability to appraise problems and the capability to rectify them.
- Participate in the management / organisation of Subcontractors
- Ensure prompt and accurate completion of all associated paperwork
- To participate in the Appointed Persons role for an identified discipline
- Experience of building maintenance essential
- Must hold a recognised advanced electrical trade apprenticeship and/or relevant qualifications to level 3 (theory and practice) in a relevant Electrical discipline with suitable industry experience.
- Testing and inspection qualifications are a must.
- Competent Person L8 experience; Asbestos Awareness
- Good communication skills, customer focused with a proactive, flexible, can-do approach
- In-depth knowledge of Health and Safety procedures, formal training an advantage
- Driving license essential
- Able to obtain DBS clearance (due to working alongside children)
Please submit your CV if you are interested.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.