An Estimator is an experienced professional who has a track record in managing all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. They seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. Typically they will be a Chartered Member of the RICS, ICES or CIOB. They will have experience of managing a small team of less experienced commercial staff as well as mentoring others on their journey to becoming professionally qualified.
- Has a good knowledge of and adheres to the Company's GMCEs, BMS and other governance
Analytical Thinking & Decision Making
- Orders information and systematically checks data
- Maximises digital opportunities
- Prepares Activity Schedules, Resource Schedules & analyses tender documents
- Critically appraises, estimates and negotiates the above with 3rd parties
- Reviews complex contract programmes such as Time-Location,
- Assists with the preparation of delay and disruption programmes
- Monitors subcontract activities, measure and respond appropriately
- Analyses the commercial progress and report to senior project staff
- Manages commercial aspects with Customer and Stakeholders for their area of responsibility
- Undertakes constructability analyses using construction programmes
- Prepares procurement programme and helps develop the strategy
- Analyses rates & prices, agreement of variations and or compensation events as required
- Undertakes customer and stakeholder management for their area of responsibility
- Prepares, submits and negotiates claims when required
- Prepares Internal reports, commercial progress and financial reconciliation
Development, Recruitment and Retention
- Maintains own Personal Development Plan
- Manages HR/People aspects for direct and indirect reports (PDRs etc)
- Actively supports the development of others incl professional mentoring
- Produces plans for team to achieve goals / aspirations
- Supports recruitment of lower grades
The following qualifications are essential:
- BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent
- Membership of RICS, ICES or CIOB (or working towards)
If you are intersted in the above role, please contact Brad in the Randstad Leeds Office on 0113 246 2503.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.