∙ Work with Heads of Privacy Advisory and Operations, and Group DPO to identify and agree key stakeholders, including first line privacy colleagues.
∙ Establish and maintain relationship with these key stakeholders, to include escalations and regular meetings.
∙ Fulfil duties as set out in the Data Privacy Compliance Target Operating Model, and agreed VP roles & responsibilities.
∙ Guide and advise the Businesses in line with relevant bank-wide policies and standards related to Data Privacy in accordance with the strategy and governance framework.
∙ Ensure that the Businesses are advised of changes to Data Privacy related law/regulations and work with the Businesses to implement any operational changes. As necessary, collaborate with Legal to support these discussions and approach to address.
∙ Ensure that Data Privacy related incidents, breaches, and risk events are properly reported and recorded, including escalation to senior management.
∙ Draw the institution's attention to any failure to comply with the applicable data protection rules. ∙ Provide input into or measure, as appropriate, conformance, assurance, and reviews from the perspective of Data Privacy within the Businesses, such as verification checks or monitoring reviews.
∙ Contribute to preparation of annual reports relating to Data Privacy for review at Board level. Ensure Data Privacy are considered in new product approval and technology change processes.
∙ Fulfil governance and reporting requirements internally within Compliance, as well and check/challenge Business reporting, in relation to Data Privacy key risks and risk appetite.
∙ Update training information and ensures that there are appropriate Data Privacy training and awareness programmes. Work closely with the other members of the Data Privacy functions in order to develop a co-ordinated and, best-in-class second line function.
∙ As necessary, collaborate with the Businesses in developing Business standards and procedures.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications
- At least 5 years' experience of managing Data Privacy issues.
- Ability to operate in a fast moving business environment and make decisions bearing in mind business objectives and commercial requirements.
- Strong technical and regulatory knowledge in the areas of Data Privacy.
- Experience with handling and information control and management of data breach or technology related incidences is also an advantage.
- Clear understanding of the relevant data privacy obligations and requirements in relation to complying with marketing privacy (in all forms), surveillance, online privacy issues, issues that arise in the context of suppliers and third parties, and HR privacy issues.
- Experience with privacy impact assessments and privacy risk and control assessments.
- Understanding of Data Privacy related issues that arise in relation to the use of enterprise-wide technology (e.g. outsourcing, technology).
- Experience with conformance testing, reviews and assurance.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications
- Certifications in one or more of the following disciplines: data privacy, legal, compliance information risk or information technology would be useful.
- Professional Privacy Certification from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (e.g. CIPP /E) or equivalent is preferred.
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003...