We are looking for a passionate and energetic individual to join our team as a Senior Residential Support Worker. Our children's home in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, is a two bedroom home for young people with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Do you have previous experience of working within Residential Childcare?
Do you have a Level 3 qualification in Children's Residential Childcare or Children & Young Peoples Workforce?
Our Senior Residential Support Workers are key members of our team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care to our young people. Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships with our young people, supporting them to achieve their potential and explore new opportunities and interests. Participation in activities are key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative is vital.
Our Senior Residential Support Worker role attracts an annual salary up to £22,323.91, depending on experience. You can also expect to earn up to £5,000 extra per annum with sleep ins and overtime.
Our Senior Residential Support Workers support with the following:
- Supporting the management to run a successful staff team and all day to day operations of the home
- Assisting the management team with the supervisions of junior staff
- Inducting new staff into the homes procedure and culture
- Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the young people's physical, behavioural and emotional needs and to ensure that they achieve their full potential
- Writing and maintaining placement and risk management plans
- Supporting and encouraging educational engagement.
Due to the rural location of the home in Llanelli, you would need to hold a full driving license.
To ensure the young people are cared for in a consistent manner, a rota system is in place which includes sleeping in duties and being away from home for a couple of days at a time. This provides the young people with the needed security and nurture they have often missed through their childhood. However whilst you are on shift the home will become a comfortable space for you as day to day living is very similar to that of your own home. All home comforts including meals are provided.
Being a part of a rota system then also means you have similar time to spend at home; which is a bonus.
- Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing....