My client, an early stage drug development business, has a requirement for a Immunology Scientist / cell biologist with expertise in immunology to develop cell-based assays to support both ongoing drug discovery projects as well as target validation experiments.
As Senior Scientist, you will:
- Contribute to target identification activities by designing and performing bespoke experiments to investigate target involvement in disease pathology
- Isolation of primary human blood-derived inflammatory cells
- Culturing, differentiation and activation of various immune cell lines
- Assessment of cell activation using flow cytometry
To be considered for the role of Senior Scientist, you will:
- Educated to a degree level in a relevant scientific field
- Strong background knowledge in innate immunity and interrogating signalling pathways relevant to innate immunity with a focus on inflammasome and TLR signalling
- Track record of developing and validating mammalian cell-based assays to study molecular pathways relevant to immunology and inflammation
- Experience in flow cytometry and with multi-mode plate readers
- Experience of isolating and working with primary human blood-derived immune c
- Experience of working with CRO is desirable
This is a permanent position based in Nottingham.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.