SHEA Advisor- Water Treatment
Location - Based in East Sussex with travel required around East Sussex and Kent
Salary - £40,000 - £45,000 per annum + car/allowance
Are you looking for a progressive career where you can plan you own schedule and be trusted to take charge of Health and Safety within contracts across the South East?
A major contractor within the Water Treatment industry is looking for an experienced, confident Health & Safety Advisor with a strong belief in ensuring safety is the number one priority.
You will report directly to the Health & Safety Operations Lead and the responsibilities will include:
- Provide Health and Safety advice to all levels of staff
- Provide Health & Safety managers and H&S Operations lead with relevant information
- Prepares SSER reports and ensures action items are closed out on Active SHE.
- Reviews and provides technical feedback on high risk activities and Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Undertake Start on Site documentation assistance, review and technical sign off for each project.
- Contribute to the Health and Safety annual actions plans with the Health & safety Manager and collate information on progress of implementing plans and targets
- Identify health and safety training needs and develop and deliver training as required
- Help to develop and maintain the Health and Safety Management Systems
- Support and continue to develop and improve the Health and Safety Culture
- Prepares safety alerts, safety information guidance, toolbox talks as required
- Set a personal example when visiting offices or sites
- Assists in undertaking incident investigations and updating Active SHE
- Attends and supports Delivery Operations Manager at delivery meetings, forums, work groups
- Support and present any ESD centralised inductions as and when required
- Support content for the weekly SHE calls
- Participate in client lead initiatives and liaison with client Safety and Health Advisors
- Work closely with the ESD SHE team and delivery teams to support the wider Joint Venture.
- Several years' experience of working in construction, civil engineering or the utility sector
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or National General Certificate might be considered or working towards GRAD IOSH /NEBOSH National Diploma
- Good understanding of the management of health and safety and the implantation of control measures.
- Knowledge of current health and safety legislation and industry best practice
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations to management and client personnel
- Work independently or with others to achieve results
- Driving licence and willing to travel and stay overnight as necessary
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Share Point, Teams and cloud-based systems
- Pro-active approach, self-motivated and commercially aware
Please submit an up to date CV. If you have any queries, call Susannah on 01622357230 option 3.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.