Shift Leader - 4 on 4 off - Client Direct - East London - up to 46K
Are you interested in working a 4 on 4 off shift pattern?
Would you like the job security of working in a client side role?
If the answer to the above is yes, please read on...
One of the London's largest and most famous universities are currently looking to recruit a shift leader to work as part of their busy maintenance and estates teams.
The positon is availble due to a recent restructre and offers the unique opporunity to work client side rather than for a contractor.
Applicants for this role must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of working within a commercial environment and also a strong building maintenance understanding.
The position will be working a 4on 4off (2 days 2 nights 4 off) shift pattern and applicants must be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of all electrical and mechanical building services plant including UPS systems, generators, air conditioning, refrigeration, server rooms, lighting and power.
Applicants must be extremely client facing and must have excellent people skills.
Duties for the role are as follows:
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance & Reactive maintenance is carried out to all client assets through operation of Planned Preventative Maintenance System.
- Managing the shift team.
- Dealing with hands on work when needed.
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
- To carry out routine quality checks on workforce activities, record keeping and general housekeeping.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of electrical amd mechanical plant.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are completed in the form of job sheets.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, reviewed and utilised for all tasks (PPM's and reactive) carried out to ensure safe working practices.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Fully electircally or mechanically to City & Guilds/HNC/HND level
- A proven track record in Building Maintenance working within a Critical site (i.e. commercial/blue chip /banking/retail)
- Good Communication Skills.
- Multi-Skilled - Mechanical / Electrical knowledge of UPS / Generators / Power Distribution.
- Good Leadership & Management skills.
- HV/LV knowledge.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.