Site Manager required in Maidstone, Kent.
We are currently recruiting for a Site Manager in Maidstone, Kent with residential experience. Do you have experience as a Site Manager with a reputable developer and want a new role?
- Sector: Site Manager (Residential)
- Location: Maidstone, Kent
- Contract type: Freelance
- Start date: July 2022
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/Rate: Up to £350 per day (dependent upon experience)
- Randstad CPE contact: Matt Jasper (Maidstone Branch)
An award winning national residential developer with multiple developments across the county, specialising in traditional build multi-phase schemes.
A new traditional build development of 180x 2, 3 and 4 bedroom semi detached, detached and townhouses & 1 and 2 bedroom apartments including units for private sale and shared ownership.
Operating as the number 1 on site you will be responsible for the management of site operations which includes the site team and incumbent contractors. Your role will include but not be limited to:
- Review and approve risk assessments and method statements for all operations and ensure that all work is in accordance with method statements.
- Carry out service visits in accordance with the customer/sales plan.
- Carry out pre-occupation checks on all properties prior to handover.
- Action remedial items raised at home demonstrations.
- Action items raised by the Contracts Manager, Sales or Customer Care team.
- Complete checklists accurately and return to the regional office on a weekly basis.
- Thoroughly inspect and snag each plot prior to each key stage inspection carried out by the NHBC.
- Ensure that all sub-contractor quality stage checklists are complete prior to payment being authorised.
- Prepare the master build programme and review and revise in line with budget requirements.
- Monitor progress of the build programme to ensure construction methods and timescales are met and take corrective action to bring progress back in line with programme.
- Liaise with the utility companies to ensure the build programme requirements are met.
- Hold weekly subcontract meetings. Discuss and resolve all actions and circulate minutes.
- Check subcontract orders and liaise with commercial prior to issuing any variations or instructions.
- Plan flow of materials to ensure all requirements are met.
- Agree and manage the equipment, plant, staffing and subcontract requirements for the site.
- Respond to all queries from trades and action accordingly.
- Maintain the highest standard of site presentation at all times.
- Ensure compliance with the company's health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain traffic management and site strategy and review as required.
- Follow company guidelines in relation to accident and incident reporting procedures.
- Keep the health and safety compendium up to date at all times.
- Accompany health and safety advisors during site visits and undertake remedial action as appropriate.
- You will have gained circa 4+ years experience, ideally working for a volume builder/developer as a Site Manager.
- Have the correct CITB qualifications for the position of Site Manager.
- Be able to control multiple subcontractor packages and direct labour.
- Recent and relevant experience as a Site Manager.
- Strong organisational skills with proven time management skills.
What you will get in return
- A very competitive day rate.
- Opportunity for further Site Management contracts across the Kent region.
- Access to a host of training courses through Randstad CPE.
- The chance to work on a well resourced project.
What to do next
If you feel this Site Manager role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE's Maidstone branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.