Are you a Site Supervisor with recent highways background? Are you looking for a new challenge to work on a long term civil engineering contract?
If so, we have the perfect opportunity, working with a well known reputable contractor in the Kent and Sussex area.
Location: Kent and Sussex
Contract type: Freelance
Start date: August 2021
Randstad CPE Contact: George Adams
We are looking for a Site Supervisor to work on highways project in the Kent area, for a nationwide based contractor. This contractor deal with all aspects of civil engineering - highways, bridges, infrastructure, environmental, frameworks and special works. However, for this project we are looking for Site Supervisor who has recent highways experience.
You will need to have experience of leading and supervising a team of 4-5 workers to ensure that projects proceed smoothly. Ideally candidates will have worked their way up from a tools background.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing workforce
- Motivating the team to complete projects on schedule
- Maintaining equipment and manage paperwork
- Ordering materials when required
- Reporting back to the Site Management team
- Transporting the workforce to their work areas
- Ensuring that the site team complies with site rules and regulations while monitoring the quality of their work
- Collaborating with clients, suppliers and other stakeholders to ensure that all aspects of the project proceed as planned
- Experience working on civil engineering projects with a main contractor , with experience in - highways, bridges, infrastructure, environmental, frameworks and special works
- CSCS Card (Gold)
- SMSTS or SSSTS
- First Aid (3 day course)
- Opportunity to work with a reputable contractor in the local area
- Opportunity to work on further projects in the future
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.