Randstad UK Scotland are currently recruiting for a Small Works Manager on the behalf of our client who are a popular facilities management company based in Glasgow. The Small Works Manager will be responsible for the ownership and progression of M&E works that become available, from conception to completion/commissioning.
The working hours for this position are Monday to Friday, 8:00am until 4:30pm.
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- Overtime available
- Core hours Monday to Friday (40 hour week)
- Annual leave & bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Training and development courses
Main duties will include:
- Supporting the Small Works Supervisor to ensure the smooth running of the Small Works Team
- Create budget estimates in the most efficient and cost effective process
- Drive performance of quoted works projects, ensuring they are compliant with H&S legislation in line with the contract KPI's across the engineering team
- Monitor subcontractor performance, efficiency and cost
- Regularly using the organisations CAFM system to manage assets, budget and project milestones
- Assist with building inspections/walk-arounds to identify any tasks and putting steps in place to ensure work is completed to quality standards
- Updating asset register, keeping both clients and PPM departments up to date
- Completion of the construction phase plans
- Maintain good relationships with customers and stakeholders within the organisation/client
The Ideal candidate must have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree or have at least 5 years experience of management experience within the Facilities Management industry managing hard services, with direct line management responsibility
- Leadership and development skills
- An awareness of legislation and willingness to learn the clients best practices
- Knowledge of NEC3 TSC framework would be advantageous
- A valid CSCS card and relevant H&S accreditation, (IOSH, SMSTS)
- Ability to undergo a full Disclosure and Government clearance (mandatory)
- Full UK Driving License
For any information please feel free to contact Aaron Rutter on 0191 816 2884.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.