Are you an experienced teacher looking for work in a PRU?
Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity to help young people in the Tameside area?
Do you relish the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of disengaged young people?
We are looking for Teachers (x2) to work in Pupil Referral Units within the Tameside area. The ideal candidate will have their own vision for supporting children in non-mainstream settings and excel within a supporting role to help these students get the most out of their time in education.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, qualified, and highly motivated person to join one of our Pupil Referral Units. The role of a PRU / SEMH Teacher provides a rare platform for creativity and innovative practice to be explored. Some of the behaviour at times can be challenging, we require the right character who is committed and patient to work with children who attend our settings.
The role of a PRU Teacher, requires someone who can stimulate pupils and progress them more than they might in many mainstream environments. In a Pupil referral Unit, children can have additional needs such as social, emotional and mental health needs, communication difficulties and may struggle to build up relationships.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for the PRU / SEMH Teacher position are:
- Have a desire to work with children with Special Educational Needs and or behavioural management needs
- Have relevant experience of working in a similar environment
- Have an enthusiastic and motivated attitude
- Be willing to work in Tameside
- Due to the nature of this role and the start date of 1/11/2021 applicants must already hold a DBS on the update service.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
As a PRU Teacher and valued employee you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker's Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous referral bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you want the opportunity to creative a positive learning environment for some wonderful pupils and think you would perform well in this role and are interested in applying, contact David on 0161 200 1904 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the school would be looking to meet with shortlisted candidates before October half term for interview