We have a fantastic Opportunity for a Software Development Engineer to work with our Global technologies company on an initial 12 month contract to start ASAP. This role is suitable for an engineer who wishes to work in a highly motivated team responsible for the ongoing operational effectiveness and availability of the CI and CM systems.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Providing a stable, reliable and highly available Configuration Management system including support and guidance to a development community of around 400 engineers.
* Monitoring and report on performance and availability of the CM system. Anticipate problems and proactively propose solutions to address them.
* Working closely with the development feature teams to resolve problems quickly and improve the infrastructure, identifying and implementing fixes to both code and design.
* Supporting the team's Scrum Master and Product Owner to identify user stories, setting up of priorities and sprint planning.
Mandatory skills and experience
* Administration of multisite, distributed Git/Gerrit systems. 3 years +
* A self-motivated team player.
* Attention to detail.
* Linux. 3 years +
* Scripting languages.
* Basic SQL. 2 years +
* Ability to come up to speed with new technologies quickly.
* Ability to understand complex technical issues, questioning and challenging appropriately.
* All candidates must have an interest in complex software systems found in the broadcast/telecoms/networks embedded arenas (as opposed to those of a web oriented/IT nature). Experienced candidates should offer relevant commercial experience.
Desirable skills and experience
* Advanced SQL.
* CI systems (Jenkins)
* Networks / vLANs (preferably Cisco switches).
* Handling and Configuration of Hardware and Cabling (Racks/STB's/Switches).
* VM Ware.
* Experience in a DVB, broadcast, telecoms or embedded systems industry would be a benefit.
Randstad Technologies Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.