A client of Randstad's are looking for a Product Validation Engineer to start ASAP on a permanent basis near Cheltenham. The successful candidate will need to be open to working on site and will be involved throughout the development process of new products, and will define, coordinate, and execute a validation test plan to ensure that the products are "Fit for Purpose".
- Work with a multi discipline team including Software, Mechanical, Electronic, Optical and verification engineers.
- The planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques.
- Creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both user and technical requirements as well as coordinating subject matter application specialists and other resources.
- To ensure the timely execution and approval of validation procedures and to manage any supporting activities required such as validation events, change control, documentation review / revision.
- Liaising with key stakeholders to ensure a product is "Fit for Purpose" throughout the development process.
- Attend project meetings and report on progress to the project manager.
- A creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to practically resolve issues and innovate where required.
- Good written and oral communication skills are required, for example to ensure succinct report generation, effective communication with staff, peer groups, etc. across the organisation.
- Good initiative, with the ability to manage own time and priorities.
- A flexible approach to work, with a desire to thrive in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- A working knowledge of Software, Mechanical, Electronic or Optical design preferred.
- Ideally some exposure to the forensic science or questioned document examination industries
- Knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management Tools, in particular Azure DevOps is ideal
- ISTQB Foundation Course
- Demonstrable experience in validating software.
- Educated to HND/Degree or equivalent preferred.
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
If interested, please apply within and I will be in touch.
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.