Are you an experienced Special Support Assistant seeking a new role starting February 2024? Do you possess expertise in addressing diverse needs, including physical, emotional, and cognitive challenges? Are you passionate about working with children, supporting their cognitive and physical development, and enhancing the quality of their learning? If you have the patience and time to support children in their development, you could be the ideal candidate for this position!
We are currently looking for qualified Special Support Assistants for positions in schools across Preston.The role involves supporting learners with various Social, Emotional, and Mental Health, as well as behavioural needs.The available positions will require a qualified Teaching Assistant to provide 1:1 support to a child. These roles encompass a variety of SEN needs such as Autism, ASH, Behavioural challenges, cognitive delay, global delay, Down syndrome, and hearing impairments. Candidates will be matched with the appropriate SEN need based on their experience, qualifications, and skill set.
As this position is to support special needs a successful candidate will need to have prior SEN experience or a strong understanding of special needs and support. Please be aware that an interview or observation with the school may be required as part of the application process to ensure your suitability. We look forward to hearing from you if you are qualified and fit the criteria below.
- Preparation of resources and activities for 1:1 support tailored to the child's needs.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers / SENCO to organise appropriate activities.
- Liaise with other professionals such as Teacher's, TA, specialist support staff.
- Work closely with other LSAs and support staff.
- Work with classes, small groups and with children on a one to one basis.
- Monitor and track the development of the pupil In question and support personal development and confidence.
- Experience of working with young people.
- Be comfortable and confident in managing challenging behaviours.
- Ability to engage with, and build rapport with young people.
- Be creative, proactive and flexible in their supporting style.
- Have experience with SEN or knowledge learning difficulties.
- TA qualified.
- Local parking.
- Public Transport nearby.
- Competitive daily pay rate.
- Weekly pay.
- Support from an exciting network of Primary Schools.
- Access to free CPD.
- Support from your dedicated consultant who specialises in Primary Education.
- CV and application support.
- Refer a friend Scheme with a reward of £300 love 3 shop vouchers.
Randstad is committed to the safety of young children; therefore all posts will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
For additional information or a confidential discussion about your career, please contact Jessica Verndet at email@example.com....