Are you experienced in supporting young adults with an SpLD or Dyslexia? Are you looking for a role which gives you flexibility and the ability to manage your own workload?
Then this may be the role for you...
Randstad Student Support are looking for individuals to join our rapidly growing team of Specialist One to One Study Skills Support Workers to support university students in the vibrant city centre of Newcastle.
We are looking for support workers to help students at universities within the North East. We have long-term relationships with the universities in and around Newcastle and work alongside them to provide specialist support to students with disabilities. You will be joining a team of other independent support workers to support students across the different campuses of each university.
- Flexible working hours - you choose your own hours
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks!
- Competitive hourly pay rate
- Working for the UK's largest provider of Non-Medical Help (NMH) support
You will be expected to:
- Provide individual support to students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD)
- Support students in time management, assignment planning, research and comprehension skills, etc.
- Set clear aims and objectives with students and support students to meet these objectives
- Work closely with Randstad to ensure any concerns are addressed in a timely manner
- Act professionally and in a confidential manner within your role at all times
This is a specialist role, so it is essential you hold a professional membership with one of the following:
- The Professional Association of Teachers of Students with Specific Learning Difficulties (PATOSS) - Full or associate membership
- British Dyslexia Association (BDA) - Full professional membership
- The Association of Dyslexia Specialists in Higher Education (ADSHE) - Professional membership
- Dyslexia Guildo Associate Member (ADG) o Associate Member (ADG FE/HE) o Member (MDG)
Further skills/requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Good organisational skills
If you feel this is the opportunity for you and have the desire to make a real difference, then please apply online today.
If you would like more information on the role then please email Nicole Greaves at Randstad Student Support onRandstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.