Do you have a background in mental health or counselling?
Do you want a rewarding career, which allows you to improve the lives of young adults whilst they study at university?
Randstad Student Support are looking for Mental Health Mentors and Specialist Mentors with experience/qualifications in Autism to support students in the Liverpool and Merseyside region.
Specialist Mentors provide regular one to one support to students with mental health difficulties, to ensure that their academic studies are not negatively impacted. A Mental Health Mentor is not a Counsellor, but instead helps to overcome stress, anxiety and depression so students can focus on their university work. Sessions are tailored to suit specific individual needs and you will work with your student to create an in individual learning plan. You will implement a variety of techniques to support your students, such as time management, relaxation methods, and setting goals which should all help to improve your student's mental health.
- Extremely rewarding role
- Flexible Hours - You can choose your own hours
- Easily accessible location - working in the heart of Liverpool City Centre
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
- Working for the UK's leading provider
- Dedicated Account Specialist to answer any of your questions and concerns
You will help your students with:
- Developing skills for managing academic stress
- Helping with concentration difficulties
- Time Management
- Prioritising workload
- Creating a suitable work life balance
- Enhancing social skills & confidence
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, ensuring that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
This is a specialist role, so requires specialist skills.
It is an essential requirement for you to hold current professional membership with one of the following organisations:
- Association of Child Psychotherapists (ACP)
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Accreditation
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) Individual or Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) - Under a member institution
- British Psychological Society Chartered Member (CPsychol)/IAPT register/ Graduate Member (MBPsS) AND also PG qualification in Psychology or Mental Health
- Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA) Accredited Member
- National Counsellor Accreditation Certificate (NCAC)
- General Medical Council (GMC) - Psychiatry
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) (Arts Therapist/ Occupational Therapist/ Practitioner Psychologist/ Social worker in England)
- Irish Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (IACP) Accredited Member
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) - Mental Health Nurse/ Community Mental Health Nurse / Psychiatric Nurse.
- Social worker body for Scotland SSSC/ Wales CCWales/ NI (NISCC)
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) Full Clinical Individual Member
- Mental Health & Addictions Nurses (MHAN) Member
Further skills/requirements include:
- Caring and compassionate individual
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Punctuality and reliability
- Good organisational skills
If you match all of the above criteria and are interested in this rewarding part time role, supporting students in higher education...we want to hear from you.
If you are interested in the role, please apply online today.Randstad Student & Worker Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Student & Worker Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.