Is a new challenge on the horizon for you? Do you want to make a difference and help students fulfil their academic potential?
We are looking for dedicated support workers to provide specialist mentoring support to students with disabilities/mental health conditions studying at the universities in Dundee.
As a Randstad mentor you will tailor an individual learning plan for each student's specific needs, and help every student you support to become a more confident and independent learner, helping students to develop ways to implement their enhanced skills not only for university, but for later life also!
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
- £26-£28 per hour
- Working for the UK's leading provider
- Interacting directly with students - YOU help them to achieve their goals
You will provide individual support to students with mental health disabilities. You will help your students with the following:
- Helping students cope with any stresses or anxieties they may have related to university
- Providing specialist and specifically tailored support for students to address barriers to their learning
- Establishing strategies to help students learn independently
- Assisting students in overcoming difficulties such as time management, prioritising workload and creating a work-life balance
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
As this is a specialist role, you must hold a professional membership with one of the following organisations OR have extensive relevant experience in a similar role.
- Association of Child Psychotherapists (ACP)
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Accreditation
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) - Under a member institution
- British Psychological Society Chartered Member (CPsychol)/IAPT register/ Graduate Member (MBPsS) AND also PG qualification in Psychology or Mental Health
- Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA) Accredited Member
- Federation of Drugs & Alcohol Professionals (FDAP)
- National Counsellor Accreditation Certificate (NCAC)
- General Medical Council (GMC) - Psychiatry
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) (Arts Therapist/ Occupational Therapist/ Practitioner Psychologist/ Social worker in England)
- Irish Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (IACP) Accredited Member
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) - Mental Health Nurse/ community Mental Health nurse / Psychiatric Nurse.
- Social worker body for Scotland SSSC/ Wales CCWales/ NI (NISCC)
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) Full Clinical Individual Member
- Mental Health & Addictions Nurses (MHAN) Member
Further skills/requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Punctuality and reliability
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in a rewarding and flexible role supporting students in higher education, then we want to hear from you! Please apply online today.
Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.