Are you interested in assisting students to achieve their academic goals? Are you looking for a flexible role which allows you to select your own working schedule?
Randstad Student & Worker Support is recruiting Specialist Mentors to work with Students at the Universities in Bath.
We have students with disabilities/mental health conditions who are requiring one to one support in their Higher Education studies. We are looking for the right individuals to support our students to really make a difference.
You would be providing one to one assistance to students and work with an Mentor Action Plan (MAP). This encourages students to take responsibility for their own learning and to develop their skills. This support can help students to become more confident and independent learners so that they are able to use their enhanced skills, not only at university, but also to take with them into the workplace. Your sessions would be tailored to suit specific individual needs as each individual is different
- Flexible working hours - you choose your own hours - a great work / life balance
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas break
- £25.76 - £31.36 per hour - this is inclusive of holiday pay which you accrue for every hour worked
- Working for the UK's leading provider - you're in safe hands
- Interacting directly with students - YOU help them to achieve their goals
You will help your students with:
- Enhancing social skills & confidence
- Developing skills for managing academic stress
Further skills/requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties or mental health difficulties individuals in higher or further education.
A Specialist Mentor could be described as a trusted advisor; their role is distinct from that of a counsellor, interpreter or advocate - although it may well have some elements of these other roles at times.
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
As this is a specialist role, you must hold a professional membership with one of the following organisations:
- Association of Child Psychotherapists (ACP)
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Accreditation
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) Individual or Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) - Under a member institution
- British Psychological Society Chartered Member (CPsychol)/IAPT register/ Graduate Member (MBPsS) AND also PG qualification in Psychology or Mental Health
- Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA) Accredited Member
- Federation of Drugs & Alcohol Professionals (FDAP)
- National Counsellor Accreditation Certificate (NCAC)
- General Medical Council (GMC) - Psychiatry
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) (Arts Therapist/ Occupational Therapist/ Practitioner Psychologist/ Social worker in England)
- Irish Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (IACP) Accredited Member
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) - Mental Health Nurse/ community Mental Health nurse / Psychiatric Nurse.
- Social worker body for Scotland SSSC/ Wales CCWales/ NI (NISCC)
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) Full Clinical Individual Member
- University Mental Health Advisors Network (UMHAN) Accredited Member
If you have the above and are interested in this rewarding role supporting students in HE..we want to talk to you.
With you on board we can really help your students have a better future.Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.