Are you looking for a flexible role that allows you to work-part time around all of your other commitments? We are looking for people who can make a difference to the lives of students through providing Specialist Note-Taking support.
Randstad Student Support is recruiting for Specialist Note Takers to work with students at the University of Hull and other Higher Education institutions in the area.
The role will require you to attend lectures and provide specialist notes for students who have a visual or hearing impairment. This role requires experienced typing skills, good attention to detail and experience with supporting students.
We are looking for the right individuals to start supporting students as soon as possible.
Please note: this is a Specialist Note Taker role. To do this role, you will need to be able to type a minimum of 45 words per minute and will have to carry out a short online training session provided by Randstad.
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
- Competitive hourly pay rate, plus your benefits such as holidays
- Working for the UK's leading provider - you're in safe hands
- Improving your knowledge for free by being a part of higher education lectures
To provide note-taking support to students with disabilities/mental health conditions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Producing accurate notes for lectures, seminars/tutorials and group tasks on your laptop
- To review notes at the end of the lecture and ensure they are in a suitable format for the student to access effectively
- To maintain a professional role as a note taker and be aware of the need to maintain this professional relationship with the student at all times
- To act in the best interests of learners at all times whilst also working within the policies and procedures of the institution
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
- Accurate spelling and typing skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- You will need to be able to work quickly and under time restrictions
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education
If you are interested in this rewarding role supporting students in Higher Education and you meet the above requirements, we would love to hear from you!
Please apply online today.
If you would like more information on the role then please contact Nicole Greaves on 0161 247 8800
Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.