If you would like a role that helps make a different in a students academic studies, then this role is perfect for you!
Working as a specialist notetaker at a University in Oxford, you will be providing an essential service to students with disabilities whilst having the chance to learn something new everyday. You will attend a variety of lectures and seminars and take accurate notes for students who find it hard to makes note themselves due to their disability.
- Flexible working hours
- E-learning and CPD
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata
- £8.50-11 per hour - you will receive this rate, plus your benefits such as holidays
- Working for the UK's leading provider
- Improving your knowledge for free by being a part of higher education lectures
Providing note taking support to students suffering from disabilities/mental health conditions your responsibilities will include:
- Producing accurate and legible notes for lectures, seminars/tutorials and group tasks
- Reviewing notes at the end of the lecture and ensuring that they are in a suitable format for the student to access effectively
- Maintaining a professional role as a note taker and being aware of the need to maintain this professional relationship with the student at all times
- Acting in the best interests of learners at all times whilst also working within the policies and procedures of the institution
- Have neat handwriting - able to produce notes in a legible and presentable manner
- Good typing skills - preferable
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- You will need to be able to work quickly and under time restrictions
Successful applicants will be invited to take part in a telephone assessment and also interviewed to discuss suitability for the role.Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.