Are you looking for a role within the higher education sector? Do you want a role in which you can pick your own work hours?
Randstad Student & Worker Support are recruiting a Specialist One to One Study Skills Support Tutor to work with Students at the University of Exeter.
We have students with disabilities who are requiring one to one support to assist them in their Higher Education studies. We are looking for the right individuals to support our students to really make a difference!
You would provide one to one assistance to students and work with an Individual Learning Plan (ILP). You would encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning and to develop their skills. Specialist support tutors are facilitators, not advocates or mentors. You would provide expertise in the area of language and study skills to help students to develop learning strategies to improve their studies.
- Flexible working hours (you choose your own working schedule)
- A mix of both working on campus and also online (dependant on student need / circumstances)
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata (most workers using this in the academic holiday periods)
- £28 per hour plus holiday pay at £3.38ph (total £31.38ph)
Providing individual support to students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD). You will help your students with:
- Time Management
- Assignment Planning
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
Requirements - This is a specialist role, so requires specialist skills. You must hold a professional membership with one of the following:
- Professional Association for Teachers and Assessors (PATOSS)
- British Dyslexia Association (BDA)
- Dyslexia Guild
- The Association of Dyslexia Specialists in Higher Education (ADSHE)
Further skills/requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education.
If you have the above and are interested in this rewarding part time role supporting students in Higher Education... we want to hear from you!Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.