Are you looking for a change? Do you thrive off supporting others and channelling success? Are you looking for a flexible role? If so, then we may have the perfect position for you ...
Randstad Student & Worker Support are recruiting Specialist one to one study skills tutors (ASD) to work with students at Nottingham Universities and surrounding areas. We have students with ASD who require one to one support throughout their time in Higher Education. We are looking for the right individuals to support our students to really make a difference.
Specialist tutors provide one to one support to students and work with an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) to really help tailor their support throughout university as everyone's individual needs are different. Our specialist tutors encourage our students to take responsibility for their own learning and help develop their skills. You would help students to become more confident and independent learners so that they are able to use their enhanced skills, not only at university, but also to take with them into the workplace.
- Flexible working hours - you choose your own hours
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
- £27-£28 per hour - you will receive this rate, plus your benefits such as holidays
- Working for the UK's leading provider - you're in safe hands
- Interacting directly with students - YOU help them to achieve their goals
You will help your students with:
- Time Management
- Assignment Planning
- Enhancing social skills & confidence
- Developing skills for managing academic stress
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
We are looking for candidates that hold a PGCE / teaching qualification and have experience in supporting adults with Autism / Aspergers and / or Dyslexia.
Further skills/requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in this rewarding part time role supporting students in Higher Education... then submit your application today or email
With you on board, we can really help these students have a better future.Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.