Do you thrive off helping others and increasing individual's success? Do you want to work when it suits you? If so, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Randstad Student & Worker Support are recruiting specialist one to one study skills tutors to help students with disabilities facilitate their studies, at Institutions in Northampton and surrounding areas. You will provide one to one assistance to students and work with an Individual Learning Plan, and encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning and to develop their skills.
Specialist support tutors are facilitators, not advocates or mentors. You will provide your expertise in the area of language and study skills to help students to develop learning strategies to enhance their studies.
- Flexible working hours - you choose your own hours
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
- £27-£28 per hour - you will receive this rate, plus your benefits
- Working for the UK's leading provider - you're in safe hands
- Interacting directly with students - YOU help them to achieve their goals
Providing individual support to students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD). You will help your students with:
- Time Management
- Assignment Planning
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
This is a specialist role, so requires specialist skills. You must hold a professional membership with one of the following:
- Professional Association for Teachers and Assessors (PATOSS)
- British Dyslexia Association (BDA)
- Dyslexia Guild
- The Association of Dyslexia Specialists in Higher Education (ADSHE)
To support students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) you must hold a degree and a teaching qualification with comprehensive training in adult autism.
Further skills/requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education
If you have the above and are interested in this rewarding part time role supporting students in Higher Education... we want to talk to you.
With you on board we can really help students have a better future.
If you have any questions or need any further information about the role, please call 0161 247 8800.Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.