Are you based in the Newcastle area? Do you have experience supporting young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders?
Randstad are looking for committed and experienced tutors with a background in ASD to provide one-to-one study skills support to students studying at universities in the Newcastle area.
You could play a pivotal role in helping students overcome the barriers caused by ASD, your support will help students achieve academic success, building their confidence and independence both at university and beyond.
- Flexible working hours - you choose your own hours
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
- £28 per hour - you will receive this rate, plus your benefits
- Working for the UK's leading provider - you're in safe hands
- Interacting directly with students - YOU help them to achieve their goals
Providing individual support to students with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). You will help your students with:
- Provide individual support to students with ASD
- Support students in time management, assignment planning, research and comprehension skills, etc.
- Set clear aims and objectives with students and support students to meet these
- Work closely with Randstad to ensure any concerns are addressed in a timely manner
- Act professionally and in a confidential manner within your role at all times
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
As this is a specialist role, you must hold one of the following qualifications OR have extensive relevant experience in a similar role.
- Hold any degree AND a teaching qualification AND Comprehensive training in adult autism.
Comprehensive Training in Adult Autism:
- Six National Autistic Society (NAS) online training modules:
- Understanding autism
- Autism and communication
- Autism and sensory experience
- Autism, stress and anxiety
- Autism: supporting families
- Autism and Girls
- National Autistic Society (NAS) one-day face to face course in Autism and SPELL in Higher Education AND National Autistic Society (NAS) Autism and Girls online course
- In-house, or other accredited training, at an HE institution or elsewhere
- Hold a relevant degree AND a teaching qualification AND NAS Autism and Girls online course
- Holds a Post Graduate Certificate (PGC) in Autism or Asperger's or Critical Disability Studies focusing on autism AND a teaching qualification AND NAS Autism and Girls online course
- Holds a Master of Arts, Master of Education or Doctorate (MA /MEd/PhD) in Education (Autism or Special Educational Needs and Disability or Critical Disability Studies focusing on autism) AND a teaching qualification AND NAS Autism and Girls online course
Further skills/requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education
If you want to make a difference and help students reach their full potential around your schedule, then apply today!Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.