Are you looking for a flexible role that allows you to control your own work schedule? Do you like helping others succeed?
Randstad Student Support are recruiting Specialist One to One Study Skills Tutors to support students with SpLD such as dyslexia at universities in Dundee.
We require committed and motivated individuals to aid students in their studies, you will work with an individual learning plan that meets the specific needs of each student you support. As a specialist Study Skills Tutor you will encourage your students to take responsibility for their own learning, whilst providing your expertise in language and study skills to help students develop strategies to improve their studies.
- Flexible working hours - you choose your own hours
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
- £26-28 per hour - you will receive this rate, plus your benefits
- Working for the UK's leading provider - you're in safe hands
- Interacting directly with students - YOU help them to achieve their goals
Providing individual support to students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD). You will help your students with:
- Provide individual support to students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD)
- Support students in time management, assignment planning, research and comprehension skills, etc.
- Set clear aims and objectives with students and support students to meet these
- Work closely with Randstad to ensure any concerns are addressed in a timely manner
- Act professionally and in a confidential manner within your role at all times
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
As this is a specialist role, you must hold a professional membership with one of the following organisations OR have extensive relevant experience in a similar role.
- Professional Association for Teachers and Assessors (PATOSS)
- British Dyslexia Association (BDA)
- Dyslexia Guild
- The Association of Dyslexia Specialists in Higher Education (ADSHE)
To support students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) you must hold a degree and a teaching qualification with comprehensive training in adult autism.
Further skills/requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education
If you want to make a difference and help individuals reach their full potential around your schedule, then apply today!Randstad Student & Worker Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Student & Worker Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.